- 3 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 200 g green cabbage, core removed, finely shredded
- 150 g sweet potato, skin on, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 200 g raw or cooked crab meat
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 tbs hoisin sauce, to serve
- Reserve ½ cup sliced spring onion green tops and place remainder in a large bowl with cabbage, sweet potato, bean sprouts and crab meat.
- Sift flour over vegetables then mix to combine.
- Break egg in a cup with ¼ cup water and whisk with a fork. Pour over vegetables and stir well to form a dry mix.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat and spray liberally with oil. Place ¼ mixture (1 cup) on one side of the pan and press down with a spatula to create a pancake of 1½ cm thickness and 10cm diameter.
- Add another ¼ mixture to the pan then place lid on and turn down to medium heat.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until the bottom side is golden and firm.
- Lift each pancake and spray with oil then flip and brown on reverse side for 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, keep warm and repeat with remaining mixture.
- To serve, thinly spread each pancake with a teaspoon of hoisin sauce and sprinkle with reserved spring onions and pepper.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||825 kJ||382 kJ|
|Protein||13.7 g||6.4 g|
|Fat, total||4.5 g||2.1 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||22.9 g||10.6 g|
|— sugars||6.9 g||3.2 g|
|Sodium||426.3 mg||197.6 mg|
|Fibre||5.3 g||2.5 g|
You might also like
Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice Salad
Fresh salmon shines alongside this healthy salad, topped with crunchy cashews.