- 3 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 200 g green cabbage, core removed, finely shredded
- 150 g sweet potato, skin on, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 200 g raw or cooked crab meat
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 tbs hoisin sauce, to serve
- Reserve ½ cup sliced spring onion green tops and place remainder in a large bowl with cabbage, sweet potato, bean sprouts and crab meat.
- Sift flour over vegetables then mix to combine.
- Break egg in a cup with ¼ cup water and whisk with a fork. Pour over vegetables and stir well to form a dry mix.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat and spray liberally with oil. Place ¼ mixture (1 cup) on one side of the pan and press down with a spatula to create a pancake of 1½ cm thickness and 10cm diameter.
- Add another ¼ mixture to the pan then place lid on and turn down to medium heat.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until the bottom side is golden and firm.
- Lift each pancake and spray with oil then flip and brown on reverse side for 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, keep warm and repeat with remaining mixture.
- To serve, thinly spread each pancake with a teaspoon of hoisin sauce and sprinkle with reserved spring onions and pepper.
Comment: This recipe makes 4 pancakes. This would be enough for 4 people as an entree, or 2 as a main course.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||825 kJ||382 kJ|
|197 Cal||91 Cal|
|Protein||13.7 g||6.4 g|
|Fat, total||4.5 g||2.1 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||22.9 g||10.6 g|
|— sugars||6.9 g||3.2 g|
|Sodium||426.3 mg||197.6 mg|
|Fibre||5.3 g||2.5 g|