Healthy Salad Nicoise Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 180 g tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup olives
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes, drain and refresh with cold water. Once cool, peel eggs and cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes. Add green beans and simmer for another minute until they are bright green and potatoes are tender.
- Drain beans and potatoes and refresh with cold water.
- Cut potatoes in half and add to a large serving bowl with lettuce, beans, tomatoes and olives, topped with eggs.
- Mix mustard with lemon juice and olive oil.
- To serve, add drained tuna and drizzle of mustard dressing.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1811 kJ||291 kJ|
|Protein||29 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||12 g||2 g|
|— saturated||2.5 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||46 g||7 g|
|— sugars||5 g||0.7 g|
|Sodium||679 mg||109 mg|
|Fibre||12 g||2 g|
You might also like
Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice Salad
Fresh salmon shines alongside this healthy salad, topped with crunchy cashews.
Tuna & Lemon Pasta
Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you- this fresh-flavoured dish is sure to impress