- 400 g can no-added-salt pink salmon, drained
- 300 g sweet potato
- 3 spring onions (including green tops)
- 1 red capsicum
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 10 slices sundried tomato
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs parsley, dried
- 3 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tsp dill, dried
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp canola oil
1. Peel and dice sweet potato, place in a saucepan with water and cook until soft.
2. Grate cheese, dice spring onion, sundried tomatoes and capsicum.
3. Drain potatoes and mash until smooth
4. In a large bowl combine salmon, sweet potato, spring onion, sundried tomatoes, capsicum, egg, cheese, lemon rind, parsley, dill and pepper
5. Form 10 even patties and roll in crumbs, coat well. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill
6. In a fry pan heat canola oil and pan fry each patty until golden brown on both sides and cooked through
7. Serve two patties per person
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1433 kJ||347 kJ|
|Protein||23.5 g||5.7 g|
|Fat, total||15 g||3.6 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||24.8 g||6 g|
|— sugars||11.3 g||2.7 g|
|Sodium||464.3 mg||112.6 mg|
|Fibre||6.6 g||1.6 g|