Healthy Fish Pie Recipe
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 250 g frozen broccoli
- 250 g frozen cauliflower
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 300 g firm white boneless fish fillet, diced
- 250 g uncooked (green) prawn, peeled and deveined
- 250 g no-added-salt pink salmon, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tsp dill, dried
- to taste pepper
- 6 sheet filo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in the fry pan and cook onion, garlic and chilli until lightly coloured.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and cornflour and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all seafood, evaporated milk and dill and cook for a further 10 minutes until liquid has reduced. Add pepper to taste.
- Brush baking dish with oil and line with 4 sheets of filo pastry.
- Add the mixture and cover with the remaining filo pastry sheets.
- Lightly brush filo pastry with beaten egg. Place in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1128 kJ||519 kJ|
|Protein||26.2 g||12 g|
|Fat, total||10.9 g||5 g|
|— saturated||2.1 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||14.7 g||6.8 g|
|— sugars||5.1 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||456 mg||210 mg|
|Fibre||4 g||1.9 g|