Healthy Fish Pie Recipe
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 250 g frozen broccoli
- 250 g frozen cauliflower
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 300 g firm white boneless fish fillet, diced
- 250 g uncooked (green) prawn, peeled and deveined
- 250 g no-added-salt pink salmon, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tsp dill, dried
- to taste pepper
- 6 sheet filo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in the fry pan and cook onion, garlic and chilli until lightly coloured.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and cornflour and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all seafood, evaporated milk and dill and cook for a further 10 minutes until liquid has reduced. Add pepper to taste.
- Brush baking dish with oil and line with 4 sheets of filo pastry.
- Add the mixture and cover with the remaining filo pastry sheets.
- Lightly brush filo pastry with beaten egg. Place in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1128 kJ||519 kJ|
|Protein||26.2 g||12 g|
|Fat, total||10.9 g||5 g|
|— saturated||2.1 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||14.7 g||6.8 g|
|— sugars||5.1 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||456 mg||210 mg|
|Fibre||4 g||1.9 g|