Healthy Fast Fish Medley Recipe
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 425 g can no-added-salt crushed tomatoes with herbs
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 350 g firm white boneless fish fillet, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 100 g scallops or scallop pieces, optional
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, chopped
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan and cook onion and garlic until softened. Add tomatoes and chilli then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, capsicum, peas, fish and scallops, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish and capsicum are cooked. Stir through spinach until wilted and mixed well with all ingredients.
You can use frozen fish in this recipe
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1688 kJ||360 kJ|
|Protein||34 g||7.3 g|
|Fat, total||8.2 g||1.8 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||42.2 g||9 g|
|— sugars||7.2 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||294.8 mg||63 mg|
|Fibre||8.6 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Crab Salad With Noodles
Infused with Asian flavours, this noodle salad is a light but satisfying meal ready in less than 30 mins!