Healthy Fast Fish Medley Recipe
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 425 g can no-added-salt crushed tomatoes with herbs
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 350 g firm white boneless fish fillet, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 100 g scallops or scallop pieces, optional
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, chopped
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan and cook onion and garlic until softened. Add tomatoes and chilli then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, capsicum, peas, fish and scallops, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish and capsicum are cooked. Stir through spinach until wilted and mixed well with all ingredients.
You can use frozen fish in this recipe
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Variation: Prawns may replace the scallops, and other vegetables may be used, such as green beans, sweet corn and snow peas.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1688 kJ||360 kJ|
|Protein||34 g||7.3 g|
|Fat, total||8.2 g||1.8 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||42.2 g||9 g|
|— sugars||7.2 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||294.8 mg||63 mg|
|Fibre||8.6 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Soft Shell Fish Taco 3-2-1
On the table in under 30 minutes, these soft shell tacos are loaded with flavour.