Healthy Seafood Chowder Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels
- 1 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 200 g marinara mix or seafood of your choice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread
- Heat a large pot and spray with oil; add onion and celery.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring often, until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add potato, cauliflower, corn including the water it is canned in, stock and 1/2 cup water per person. Add pepper to taste; stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat, partially covered, stirring occasionally for 10 - 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove pot from heat.
- Ladle 1 cup of soup into a large heatproof jug and puree with a stick blender, potato masher or in a food processor. Return puree to soup pot with the milk and place on medium heat. Add extra water if you want a thinner soup.
- Stir in marinara mix and simmer, uncovered, until the seafood is just cooked through.
- Serve soup with black pepper and bread.
- *To make this in the slow cooker, add the seafood just before serving. It will only need a few minutes.
- *If making this to freeze for later, leave the seafood out, and add at the last minute during reheating.
Comment: *Choose gluten-free bread to make this recipe gluten free
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2105 kJ||316 kJ|
|Protein||38 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||1 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||60 g||9 g|
|— sugars||12 g||2 g|
|Sodium||911 mg||137 mg|
|Fibre||12 g||2 g|