Healthy Steamed Barramundi Recipe
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 4 barramundi fillets (about 100g each)
- 1 onion, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 2 lemons, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- to taste pepper
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place fish on a sheet of foil and layer onion, tomato, lemon, parsley and chilli. Add pepper to taste.
- Wrap the foil around the fish. Place in oven or on the BBQ for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a side salad.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1747 kJ||305 kJ|
|Protein||31.8 g||5.6 g|
|Fat, total||2.6 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||59.7 g||10.4 g|
|— sugars||8.5 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||126 mg||22 mg|
|Fibre||8.6 g||1.5 g|
You might also like
Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice Salad
Fresh salmon shines alongside this healthy salad, topped with crunchy cashews.