Healthy Steamed Barramundi Recipe
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 4 barramundi fillets (about 100g each)
- 1 onion, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 2 lemons, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- to taste pepper
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place fish on a sheet of foil and layer onion, tomato, lemon, parsley and chilli. Add pepper to taste.
- Wrap the foil around the fish. Place in oven or on the BBQ for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a side salad.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1747 kJ||305 kJ|
|Protein||31.8 g||5.6 g|
|Fat, total||2.6 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||59.7 g||10.4 g|
|— sugars||8.5 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||126 mg||22 mg|
|Fibre||8.6 g||1.5 g|