Healthy Soft Shell Fish Taco Recipe
- 1/4 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 400 g firm white boneless fish fillet, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp chipotle sauce
- 1 x 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 125 g can no-added salt corn kernels, drained
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander stalks and leaves, chopped
- to taste pepper
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 4 tortillas
1. Combine cabbage and vinegar in a large bowl and set aside to soften.
2. Combine fish, cumin and paprika with 2 tablespoons lime juice in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
3. Mix yoghurt and chipotle in a small bowl and set aside.
4. To make a salsa, mix beans, corn, tomato, onion and coriander with remaining lime juice (reserve 1 lime wedge per person) in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
5. Spray a non-stick pan with oil and place over medium heat. Add fish and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often until browned and just cooked through.
6. Warm tortillas according to packet instructions.
7. To assemble, top each tortilla with cabbage, salsa and fish, drizzle with chipotle yoghurt and serve with lime wedges.
- Replace fish with 400g peeled green prawns, skinless chicken breast or lean beef strips.
- Chipotle sauce is a flavourful chilli sauce made from smoked chillies. It can often be found in the sauces or international section of the supermarket. It could be replaced with a 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika + dash of other chilli sauce.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2190 kJ||446 kJ|
|Protein||37.9 g||7.7 g|
|Fat, total||13.5 g||2.7 g|
|— saturated||3.4 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||53.6 g||10.9 g|
|— sugars||14.8 g||3 g|
|Sodium||823 mg||168 mg|
|Fibre||13.5 g||2.8 g|
You might also like
Crab Salad With Noodles
Infused with Asian flavours, this noodle salad is a light but satisfying meal ready in less than 30 mins!