Healthy Prawn Jambalaya Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 500 mL salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 400 g uncooked (green) prawn, peeled, deveined with tails intact
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick pot with oil and place on high heat; cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic, celery, capsicums, paprika and cayenne; season with pepper. Cook for 3 minutes until fragrant then stir in rice, stock and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often, then reduce heat to medium, cover pot and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add prawns to the pot, stir through rice and cook a further 3-5 minutes until they change colour and are cooked through.
- Stir through parsley, reserving a little for garnish.
- Divide jambalaya between plates, top with parsley and lemon wedges and serve immediately.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1389 kJ||240 kJ|
|Protein||27 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||46 g||8 g|
|— sugars||7 g||1 g|
|Sodium||1158 mg||200 mg|
|Fibre||4.7 g||0.8 g|