Healthy Prawn Jambalaya Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 500 mL salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 400 g uncooked (green) prawn, peeled, deveined with tails intact
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick pot with oil and place on high heat; cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic, celery, capsicums, paprika and cayenne; season with pepper. Cook for 3 minutes until fragrant then stir in rice, stock and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often, then reduce heat to medium, cover pot and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add prawns to the pot, stir through rice and cook a further 3-5 minutes until they change colour and are cooked through.
- Stir through parsley, reserving a little for garnish.
- Divide jambalaya between plates, top with parsley and lemon wedges and serve immediately.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1389 kJ||240 kJ|
|Protein||27 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||46 g||8 g|
|— sugars||7 g||1 g|
|Sodium||1158 mg||200 mg|
|Fibre||4.7 g||0.8 g|
You might also like
Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice Salad
Fresh salmon shines alongside this healthy salad, topped with crunchy cashews.
Tuna & Lemon Pasta
Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you- this fresh-flavoured dish is sure to impress