Healthy Chilli Mussels Recipe
- 500 g mussels
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread
- Clean and rinse mussels well.
- Place oil, onion, garlic and chilli into a saucepan and cook until just coloured.
- Add tinned tomatoes, sugar and mussels to the saucepan.
- Stir and simmer until mussels open, then remove from heat and throw out mussels that have not opened.
- Toast bread and serve on the side.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||994 kJ||363 kJ|
|Protein||20.8 g||7.6 g|
|Fat, total||5.2 g||1.9 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.7 g||8.6 g|
|— sugars||8.1 g||3 g|
|Sodium||782 mg||285 mg|
|Fibre||5.4 g||2 g|
You might also like
Spicy B.B.Q. Fish with Mango Salad
The perfect Summer dish, inspired by the tastes of the Kimberley.
Crab Salad With Noodles
Infused with Asian flavours, this noodle salad is a light but satisfying meal ready in less than 30 mins!