- 300 g high-fibre or wholegrain pasta
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 large brown onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 700 mL bottle passata (tomato puree)
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded, finely diced
- 200 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 250 g raw or cooked crab meat
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes until just tender, or according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick fry-pan on high heat, spray with oil and cook onion for 5 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic and chilli, cook a further 3 minutes.
- Stir through passata, cherry tomatoes and water; season with pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon zest and crab and simmer, uncovered, until raw crab meat is just cooked, or cooked crab meat is warmed through.
- Toss cooked spaghetti through the sauce; season with pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Use 3-4 whole cleaned cooked crabs instead of the picked meat, or add crab meat to the sauce and reserve the shell and claws for presentation when serving.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1785 kJ||383 kJ|
|Protein||25.3 g||5.4 g|
|Fat, total||5.4 g||1.2 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||62.9 g||13.5 g|
|— sugars||15.6 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||702.6 mg||151 mg|
|Fibre||4.9 g||1.1 g|
You might also like
Spicy B.B.Q. Fish with Mango Salad
The perfect Summer dish, inspired by the tastes of the Kimberley.