- 300 g high-fibre or wholegrain pasta
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 large brown onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 700 mL bottle passata (tomato puree)
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded, finely diced
- 200 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 250 g raw or cooked crab meat
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes until just tender, or according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick fry-pan on high heat, spray with oil and cook onion for 5 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic and chilli, cook a further 3 minutes.
- Stir through passata, cherry tomatoes and water; season with pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon zest and crab and simmer, uncovered, until raw crab meat is just cooked, or cooked crab meat is warmed through.
- Toss cooked spaghetti through the sauce; season with pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Use 3-4 whole cleaned cooked crabs instead of the picked meat, or add crab meat to the sauce and reserve the shell and claws for presentation when serving.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1785 kJ||383 kJ|
|Protein||25.3 g||5.4 g|
|Fat, total||5.4 g||1.2 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||62.9 g||13.5 g|
|— sugars||15.6 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||702.6 mg||151 mg|
|Fibre||4.9 g||1.1 g|
You might also like
Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice Salad 3-2-1
The salmon is great but the real hero is the brown rice salad. Perfect.
Crab Salad With Noodles
Infused with Asian flavours, this noodle salad is a light but satisfying meal ready in less than 30 mins!