Healthy Grilled Salmon With Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbs sultanas
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2/3 bunch bok choy
- 240 g salmon fillet
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- Cook rice according to packet instructions (can take around 30 minutes). Once cooked and cooled, add to a large bowl with the capsicum, celery and sultanas.
- To make dressing, combine soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic in a cup. Pour over salad and stir through well.
- Put the bok choy in a microwave-proof dish with a lid (or cling film cover) with a tablespoon of water and cook on HIGH for 2 mins or until tender but still bright green.
- Meanwhile heat a barbeque grill or large non-stick frypan on high. Lightly spray each side of salmon with oil, reduce heat to medium and cook salmon for 3 minutes each side until golden brown and just cooked.
- Serve salmon, bok choy and rice salad together.
Comment: *Check your soy sauce if you need this dish to be gluten-free
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2157 kJ||413 kJ|
|Protein||39 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||21 g||4 g|
|— saturated||4 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||38 g||7 g|
|— sugars||11 g||2 g|
|Sodium||531 mg||102 mg|
|Fibre||10 g||2 g|
You might also like
Spicy B.B.Q. Fish with Mango Salad
The perfect Summer dish, inspired by the tastes of the Kimberley.