Healthy Quick Tuna Couscous Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernel, defrosted
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato
- 180 g tuna in spring water
- Place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water; cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains and stir through lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients and serve straight away.
- Use cans of flavoured tuna to add extra zing.
- Add curry powder or other spices to the couscous before adding the boiling water for a different flavour.
Comment: If only eating one serving, only add half the tuna to half the couscous. Add the rest of the tuna to the salad just before eating to avoid gluggly couscous.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2126 kJ||398 kJ|
|Protein||32 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||74 g||14 g|
|— sugars||10 g||2 g|
|Sodium||410 mg||76 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|