Healthy Microwave Risotto Recipe
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup reduced-salt corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup skinless chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 1 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine onion and oil in a microwave-safe container. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stock, and microwave, covered, for 12 minutes on HIGH (100%). Stir well then add corn, peas and chicken.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 8 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||861 kJ||259 kJ|
|Protein||14.1 g||4.2 g|
|Fat, total||5.3 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||1.3 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.7 g||7.1 g|
|— sugars||3.1 g||0.9 g|
|Sodium||795.5 mg||239.2 mg|
|Fibre||3.8 g||1.1 g|
You might also like
Tandoori Chicken & Salad Wrap
The heat of Indian spices, teamed with a cooling combination of yoghurt, mint and salad.
Chargrilled Chicken & Vegie Stack With Salsa Verde
This fresh salsa verde is a great accompaniment to this delightful chicken.