Healthy Quick Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 23cm pizza base (dinner plate size)
- 2 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 large red onion, finely chopped
- 100 g cooked or BBQ chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 6 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced).
- Spread tomato paste evenly over pizza base. Top with spinach leaves, sliced onion, chicken, capsicum strips and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and place on a baking tray, pizza stone or wire rack.
- Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted then cover with foil to prevent burning. Bake for a further 5 minutes until base is crisp.
- Sprinkle with roughly torn basil leaves on top to serve.
Use mini bases, pita or wholegrain English muffins for individual pizzas.
Variation: For a Mediterranean chicken pizza, add sundried tomatoes and marinated artichokes and eggplant. Go for the fat-free versions or drain well on a paper towel.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2074 kJ||543 kJ|
|Protein||33 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||11 g||3 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||61 g||16 g|
|— sugars||13 g||3 g|
|Sodium||564 mg||148 mg|
|Fibre||7 g||2 g|