Healthy Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 coriander stalks and leaves, roots discarded
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 125 g dried rice vermicelli or bean thread noodles
- 1 tbs red curry paste
- 375 mL coconut-flavoured evaporated skim milk
- olive or canola oil spray
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped, extra
- Place garlic, coriander, lime juice and vinegar into a small food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- To make dipping sauce, remove 1/3 cup of mixture, stir in sweet chilli sauce and set aside.
- Add remaining coriander mixture to chicken in a small bowl, stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Add curry paste to a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until fragrant then turn to low heat and add evaporated milk. Stir until curry paste is mixed through, simmer for 1 minute, then add drained noodles. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Spray a grill pan with oil and place on high heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side.
- To serve, place a chicken tenderloin in a lettuce leaf. Top with a spoonful of noodles, bean sprouts, carrots, spring onions and sprinkle with coriander. Spoon over ½ tablespoon of dipping sauce and roll up to eat.
Cover and refrigerate marinated chicken for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight. Place lettuce, noodles, chicken, other vegetables and dipping sauce onto separate serving plates and allow diners to fill a leaf with some of each filling, roll into a parcel and eat with their fingers.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1757 kJ||364 kJ|
|Protein||33.1 g||6.9 g|
|Fat, total||14.4 g||3 g|
|— saturated||6.7 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.3 g||7.3 g|
|— sugars||15.8 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||516.6 mg||107.1 mg|
|Fibre||4.4 g||0.9 g|