- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 medium potatoes , peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 L salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 500 mL water
- 500 mL reduced-fat milk
- pepper, to taste
- chives, chopped, to serve
- 6 wholegrain dinner rolls, to serve
- Roughly chop cauliflower, including stalk to no larger than 1cm cubes.
- Add to a large pot with potato, onion, garlic, stock and water. Place over high heat, bring to the boil then simmer over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes until cauliflower stalk is tender.
- Remove from heat, add 400mL milk and puree with a stick blender or in batches in a food processor. If desired, stir though more milk for a thinner consistency.
- Ladle soup into bowls, season with pepper, sprinkle with chives and serve with a dinner roll.
Not suitable to freeze.
Choose plain water or soda water in place of a sugary drink.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1594 kJ||207 kJ|
|381 Cal||49 Cal|
|Protein||21.1 g||2.7 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||0.7 g|
|— saturated||1.4 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||55.7 g||7.2 g|
|— sugars||14.8 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||1343.2 mg||174.5 mg|
|Fibre||13.3 g||1.7 g|
You might also like
Salsa is the Mexican word for sauce. This homemade version is a tasty way to add extra veg to meals!