Healthy Gourmet Vegetarian Sandwich Recipe
- 4 slices thick wholegrain bread
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach, rocket or butter lettuce leaves
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free semi-sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated artichokes (97% fat-free), drained and chopped
- 1/4 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 basil leaves, roughly torn
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Spread 2 slices of bread with pesto.
- Place half of the remaining ingredients on each slice before finishing with the remaining slices of bread.
- Cut sandwich in half.
- Replace Swiss cheese with 4 baby boccincini, thinly sliced.
- Replace pesto with Baba ghanoush (eggplant dip) or hummus.
Serving Suggestion: Toast in a sandwich maker until heated through and golden brown.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1671 kJ||582 kJ|
|Protein||25.1 g||8.7 g|
|Fat, total||20 g||7 g|
|— saturated||10.8 g||3.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.4 g||8.9 g|
|— sugars||6.6 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||547.1 mg||190.5 mg|
|Fibre||8.8 g||3.1 g|