Healthy Quick Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
- 250 g high-fibre or wholegrain pasta
- 3 tbs basil pesto
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 400g can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 120 g rocket or baby spinach
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil, add pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Drain well and add to serving bowl and mix through pesto while pasta is warm.
- Add remaining salad ingredients, toss until well combined. Serve immediately or enjoy cold the next day.
Variation: Other Mediterranean ingredients that work well in this salad include chargrilled eggplant, roast capsicum, sundried tomatoes, olives and shredded basil.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a source of protein to make a complete meal eg. cooked chicken, fresh or tinned fish, white beans, bocconcini or nuts.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1459 kJ||487 kJ|
|Protein||11.9 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||10.6 g||3.5 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||46.6 g||15.6 g|
|— sugars||3.6 g||1.2 g|
|Sodium||229 mg||76 mg|
|Fibre||8.3 g||2.8 g|
You might also like
Cowboys' (or girls') Pizza in a Hurry
Do you have fussy eaters? They'll love this vegie-packed "pizza"!