Healthy Cheesy Potato Frittata Recipe
- 4 potatoes , sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Cook the potato slices in the microwave on high for 5 minutes, or boil until just tender.
- Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Add cheese and pepper.
- Spray an oven-proof frying pan with oil.
- Cook onion and garlic over low heat, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Remove and add to the egg mixture, along with the potato.
- Wipe pan clean, spray with oil and return to low heat..
- Pour frittata mixture into pan. Gently pull away from sides of the pan using a blunt knife, allowing uncooked egg to run to edges.
- Once cooked around the outside (about 2-3 minutes), transfer pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until set.
- Turn out and cool.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1073 kJ||484 kJ|
|Protein||19 g||8 g|
|Fat, total||13 g||6 g|
|— saturated||5 g||2 g|
|Carbohydrate||15 g||7 g|
|— sugars||3 g||2 g|
|Sodium||218 mg||98 mg|
|Fibre||3 g||1 g|
You might also like
Honey Glazed Greens
Not keen on greens? You will be when you drizzle them with this honey soy dressing!