Healthy Roasted Pumpkin & Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 100 g pumpkin, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large iceberg lettuce leaf, torn into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Put pumpkin in a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice thinly and set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocado with a fork. Spread avocado onto 2 slices of bread.
- Top the bread with carrot, lettuce and pumpkin.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1167 kJ||592 kJ|
|Protein||8 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||14 g||7 g|
|— saturated||3 g||2 g|
|Carbohydrate||26 g||13 g|
|— sugars||7 g||4 g|
|Sodium||247 mg||125 mg|
|Fibre||4 g||8 g|
You might also like
Potato & Beetroot Salad
Inspired by the tastes of Russia, this salad is perfect for your next picnic or BBQ.
Zucchini Quiche with Rice Crust
A creative way to use up leftover rice that will be perfect for a picnic treat!