Healthy Sesame Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 20 Brussels sprouts, washed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- Score end of Brussels sprouts stems with a small cross to speed up cooking.
- Plunge into boiling water with ginger and cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss well and serve.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||220 kJ||189 kJ|
|Protein||4.5 g||3.9 g|
|Fat, total||1.5 g||1.3 g|
|— saturated||0.3 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||2.6 g||2.3 g|
|— sugars||2.6 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||206.7 mg||178.2 mg|
|Fibre||5 g||4.3 g|