Healthy Creamy Vegetable Curry Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs garam marsala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 400 g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 150 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can coconut-flavoured evaporated skim milk
- 16 plain pappadums (8cm diameter), to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; add garlic and spices and stir 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add eggplant, sweet potato, cauliflower and stock to the pan, mix well.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to medium; simmer covered for 12 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add beans, chickpeas and milk; increase heat to return to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently uncovered for 5 minutes until beans are tender but still bright green.
- Place 8 pappadums around the edge of a microwave-safe dinner plate and cook on HIGH (100%) for 60 seconds until puffed and crisp.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining pappadums.
- Serve curry in bowls topped with coriander and pappadums.
Add a teaspoon of coconut essence to a can of evaporated skim milk to replace coconut milk
- To add heat, cook a chopped red chilli or teaspoon of chilli powder with spices.
- Include 2 thinly sliced small skinless chicken breasts (400g) when beans and chickpeas are added.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2009 kJ||352 kJ|
|Protein||28 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||62 g||11 g|
|— sugars||25 g||4 g|
|Sodium||1279 mg||224 mg|
|Fibre||18 g||3 g|
You might also like
Cowboys' (or girls') Pizza in a Hurry
Do you have fussy eaters? They'll love this vegie-packed "pizza"!