Healthy Creamy Vegetable Curry Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs garam marsala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 400 g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 150 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can coconut-flavoured evaporated skim milk
- 16 plain pappadums (8cm diameter), to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; add garlic and spices and stir 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add eggplant, sweet potato, cauliflower and stock to the pan, mix well.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to medium; simmer covered for 12 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add beans, chickpeas and milk; increase heat to return to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently uncovered for 5 minutes until beans are tender but still bright green.
- Place 8 pappadums around the edge of a microwave-safe dinner plate and cook on HIGH (100%) for 60 seconds until puffed and crisp.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining pappadums.
- Serve curry in bowls topped with coriander and pappadums.
Add a teaspoon of coconut essence to a can of evaporated skim milk to replace coconut milk
- To add heat, cook a chopped red chilli or teaspoon of chilli powder with spices.
- Include 2 thinly sliced small skinless chicken breasts (400g) when beans and chickpeas are added.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2009 kJ||352 kJ|
|Protein||28 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||62 g||11 g|
|— sugars||25 g||4 g|
|Sodium||1279 mg||224 mg|
|Fibre||18 g||3 g|
You might also like
Packed with vegetables and great served hot or cold, this simple slice will surprise you.