Healthy Mexibean Tortilla Melt Recipe
- 440 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin or ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 wholegrain or reduced-fat tortillas or soft wraps (20cm)
- Mix all ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of bean mix on one side of each tortilla, then fold over the other side to enclose filling.
- Place in a heated sandwich press and toast for 2 minutes or until crisp and cheese melted.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 triangles and serve immediately.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1678 kJ||463 kJ|
|Protein||27.8 g||7.7 g|
|Fat, total||7.3 g||2 g|
|— saturated||3.4 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||48.3 g||13.3 g|
|— sugars||8 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||1198.9 mg||331.4 mg|
|Fibre||18.1 g||5 g|
You might also like
Gourmet Vegetarian Sandwich
Semi-dried tomatoes and marinated artichokes add a touch of class to this lunch time staple.