Healthy Stuffed Potato Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes , skin on
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and corn
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 spring onion (including green top), finely chopped
- 2 tbs reduced-fat milk
- 2 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Wash the potatoes and pierce all over with a fork.
- On a plate, microwave the potatoes on HIGH (100%) for 10 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Gently slice the top of each potato off and keep each ‘lid’ to the side.
- Scoop the flesh out of each potato into a medium bowl. Be careful to leave a wall of flesh around the potato skin so it doesn’t tear.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the potato flesh. Mix well to combine. Spoon the mixture back into the potatoes, pressing down gently with each spoonful.
- Top each potato with the ‘lid’ and bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden and the mixture is heated through.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1241 kJ||483 kJ|
|Protein||21.1 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||3.9 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||27.3 g||10.6 g|
|— sugars||5.5 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||432.4 mg||168.4 mg|
|Fibre||4.6 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Honey Glazed Greens
Not keen on greens? You will be when you drizzle them with this honey soy dressing!
Pumpkin & Feta Mini Frittatas
These mini frittata are great for brunch, a picnic or as a party canapé.