Healthy Stuffed Potato Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes , skin on
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and corn
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 spring onion (including green top), finely chopped
- 2 tbs reduced-fat milk
- 2 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Wash the potatoes and pierce all over with a fork.
- On a plate, microwave the potatoes on HIGH (100%) for 10 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Gently slice the top of each potato off and keep each ‘lid’ to the side.
- Scoop the flesh out of each potato into a medium bowl. Be careful to leave a wall of flesh around the potato skin so it doesn’t tear.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the potato flesh. Mix well to combine. Spoon the mixture back into the potatoes, pressing down gently with each spoonful.
- Top each potato with the ‘lid’ and bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden and the mixture is heated through.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1241 kJ||483 kJ|
|Protein||21.1 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||3.9 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||27.3 g||10.6 g|
|— sugars||5.5 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||432.4 mg||168.4 mg|
|Fibre||4.6 g||1.8 g|