Healthy 10 Minute Noodles Recipe
- 1 cake instant noodles
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp kecap manis or reduced-salt soy sauce
- chilli sauce, to taste
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Cook noodles for 90 seconds, then add frozen vegies and cook for another 30-60 seconds, until noodles are tender and vegetables are defrosted.
- In a small frypan, heat a little oil and fry eggs on medium heat till cooked to your liking.
- Transfer noodles and vegies to a large bowl, stir in sauces and top with eggs.
Microwave/ office method:
- Put noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water and set aside.
- Crack 1 egg into a mug and add a splash of water (about 2 tbs). Cover with a saucer (IMPORTANT!) and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and check to see if the egg white is cooked through, being careful of the steam burst when you take the saucer off. If it needs longer, microwave in 10 second bursts, until cooked to your liking. Repeat with the other egg. Note: The size and temperature of the eggs, the size and material the mug is made out of, and the microwave power will all affect how long it takes. Eggs-periment until you figure out your perfect system!
- Add the frozen vegetables to the noodles. Stir in the hot water, then roughly drain. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, until vegetables are defrosted and noodles are cooked.
- Toss noodles with sauces and top with eggs.
Note: Bulk packs of plain instant noodles can be found at some supermarkets and most Asian grocers. We prefer these as they are lower in salt, have less plastic packaging, and you can add your own choice of flavourings. If you can only find individual noodle packs, choose a brand with lower salt and saturated fat, and save the flavour sachets to use as stock powder in another meal.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
You might also like
Cheesy Potato Frittata
Eggs are the perfect base for an easy mid-week meal. On the table in under 30 minutes!