Healthy Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups mixed fresh or frozen vegetables
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and Italian herbs. Season with pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste and 3 cups water to pot; bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables to pot, and return to a simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. If using frozen vegetables, cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with pepper, to taste.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||744 kJ||142 kJ|
|Protein||5.4 g||1 g|
|Fat, total||7.5 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||16.2 g||3.1 g|
|— sugars||9.3 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||629.9 mg||120.4 mg|
|Fibre||12.9 g||2.5 g|