Healthy Nacho Stacks Recipe
- 6 wholemeal or wholegrain wraps
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 capsicum, diced
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 100 g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup low-fat natural or Greek yoghurt
- Cut wraps into 8 pieces. Heat frypan to medium and toast for 2 minutes each side until brown.
- Heat frypan to medium heat and spray with oil. Add garlic, tomatoes, chilli, tomato paste, beans, corn, water and cumin. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Place toasted wraps/nachos on the plate. Add bean mix, capsicum and yoghurt.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
Choose plain water or soda water in place of a sugary drink.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1783 kJ||509 kJ|
|Protein||19.2 g||5.5 g|
|Fat, total||11.3 g||3.2 g|
|— saturated||4.1 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||56 g||16 g|
|— sugars||15.2 g||4.3 g|
|Sodium||932 mg||266 mg|
|Fibre||9 g||2.6 g|
You might also like
Creamy Vegetable Curry
A flavoursome curry bursting with vegies. A tasty way to help get your 2 and 5!