Healthy Mushroom & Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- 400 g assorted mushrooms (Swiss brown, flat, button), sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh parsley or sage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 ciabatta loaf
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (180 °CfFan forced).
- Mix mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs in an ovenproof dish.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and oil. Pour over mushroom mixture.
- Loosely cover with foil and cook in oven for 20-25 minutes. Heat the bread during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cut the loaf in half lengthways and cut each half into 4. Spoon mushroom mixture onto bread, grill and garnish with rosemary.
For a quicker alternative, gently simmer the mushroom mixture in a covered frypan for 10-15 minutes. Heat the loaf for 5 minutes in the oven to make it crisp.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||331 kJ||287 kJ|
|Protein||4.1 g||3.6 g|
|Fat, total||1.8 g||1.5 g|
|— saturated||0.2 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||10.5 g||9.1 g|
|— sugars||1.8 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||133 mg||115 mg|
|Fibre||2 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Crunchy Waldorf Salad
Named after a luxury American hotel, this salad will add a touch of class to your next meal.
Loaded Mushroom Burger
Packed full of flavour, this fully-loaded mushroom burger is a tasty alternative to take-away.