Healthy Winter Vegie Sandwich Recipe
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 2 tbs hummus
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 6 slices canned beetroot slice
- 1/3 cup snow pea sprouts
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Mix together chopped celery and hummus.
- Spread hummus mixture over 2 slices of bread.
- On each slice of bread share divide the carrot, beetroot, snowpea sprouts and spinach leaves.
- Top with remaining slices of bread. Cut in half to serve.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||998 kJ||519 kJ|
|Protein||9 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||3 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||34 g||18 g|
|— sugars||7 g||3 g|
|Sodium||479 mg||249 mg|
|Fibre||8 g||4 g|
You might also like
A Mediterranean-inspired combination of ripe tomatoes, juicy olives and creamy feta cheese.