Healthy Fiesta Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1/4 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 slice red onion, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon or lime wedges
- Mix together all ingredients except lime.
- Squeeze lime over salad just before serving.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1190 kJ||323 kJ|
|Protein||10 g||2.7 g|
|Fat, total||14.2 g||3.8 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.2 g||6.3 g|
|— sugars||7.6 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||426.3 mg||115.8 mg|
|Fibre||11.2 g||3 g|
You might also like
Pumpkin & Feta Mini Frittatas
These mini frittata are great for brunch, a picnic or as a party canapé.