Healthy Rainbow Pasta Salad Recipe
- 300 g green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200 g spiral or bowtie pasta (3 cups cooked)
- 420 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 420 g can no-added-salt four bean mix, drained
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free semi-sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, shredded
- For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 tbs water
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Add beans and simmer for 2 minutes until they are bright green. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water. Alternatively cook beans in the microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes with a tablespoon of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to packet directions until just tender.
- Drain well and add to a large serving bowl with drained beans and remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small jug, mix together dressing ingredients then pour over salad. Toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately or enjoy cold the next day.
- Replace tinned corn with kernels removed from 1 fresh cob which has been steamed or microwaved on HIGH (100% power) for 3 minutes.
- Add a small chopped avocado just before serving.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1370 kJ||327 kJ|
|Protein||14.5 g||3.5 g|
|Fat, total||2 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||56 g||13.4 g|
|— sugars||13.1 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||438.7 mg||105 mg|
|Fibre||12.3 g||3 g|
You might also like
Find out why this light and tangy salad is a favourite among the LiveLighter team!
Lentil Vegetable Soup
Hearty and packed full of veggies, this yummy soup will have you feeling fuller for longer!
Loaded Mushroom Burger
Packed full of flavour, this fully-loaded mushroom burger is a tasty alternative to take-away.