Healthy Rainbow Pasta Salad Recipe
- 300 g green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200 g spiral or bowtie pasta (3 cups cooked)
- 420 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 420 g can no-added-salt four bean mix, drained
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free semi-sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, shredded
- For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 tbs water
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Add beans and simmer for 2 minutes until they are bright green. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water. Alternatively cook beans in the microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes with a tablespoon of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to packet directions until just tender.
- Drain well and add to a large serving bowl with drained beans and remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small jug, mix together dressing ingredients then pour over salad. Toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately or enjoy cold the next day.
- Replace tinned corn with kernels removed from 1 fresh cob which has been steamed or microwaved on HIGH (100% power) for 3 minutes.
- Add a small chopped avocado just before serving.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1370 kJ||327 kJ|
|Protein||14.5 g||3.5 g|
|Fat, total||2 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||56 g||13.4 g|
|— sugars||13.1 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||438.7 mg||105 mg|
|Fibre||12.3 g||3 g|