Healthy Crunchy Asian Slaw Recipe
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 snow peas, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh herbs (parsley, mint, coriander and/or basil)
- For the dressing:
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil, optional
- Place the finely chopped carrots, cabbage, capsicum, snow peas, spring onions and fresh herbs in a bowl.
- Mix the lime juice, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and sesame oil in a separate bowl (if using).
- Pour dressing over vegies and stir to combine.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
Variation: Make a creamy dressing out of 1/4 cup natural yoghurt and 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
Still hungry? Try a side of salad or vegies before going for seconds.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||161 kJ||127 kJ|
|Protein||1.7 g||1.4 g|
|Fat, total||0.5 g||0.4 g|
|— saturated||0.1 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.9 g||3.9 g|
|— sugars||4.8 g||3.8 g|
|Sodium||182 mg||144 mg|
|Fibre||3.4 g||2.7 g|