Healthy Toasties Anytime Recipe
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 to taste pepper
- 6 wholemeal or wholegrain wraps
- Turn on sandwich press. Spray lightly with oil. Place capsicum and sweet potato on sandwich press, close lid and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- For each wrap, arrange sweet potato, capsicum, tomato, spinach, cheese and pepper.
- Fold each of the four sides to form an enclosed parcel.
- Cook toasties in the sandwich press folded side down with the lid closed for 5 min until lightly browned.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
Choose plain water or soda water in place of a sugary drink.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1283 kJ||577 kJ|
|Protein||15.2 g||6.8 g|
|Fat, total||5.7 g||2.6 g|
|— saturated||2.8 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||44 g||19.8 g|
|— sugars||8.9 g||4 g|
|Sodium||545 mg||245 mg|
|Fibre||7.8 g||3.5 g|
You might also like
Crunchy Waldorf Salad
Named after a luxury American hotel, this salad will add a touch of class to your next meal.
Pumpkin & Feta Mini Frittatas
These mini frittata are great for brunch, a picnic or as a party canapé.