Healthy Zesty Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 orange
- to taste pepper
- Measure couscous and stock into large bowl. Add boiling water, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous grains with a fork and add chopped vegetables and chickpeas.
- Grate orange rind. Juice orange. Add 1/4 cup of juice and rind to couscous. Mix well.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||684 kJ||290 kJ|
|Protein||7.5 g||3.2 g|
|Fat, total||1.2 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.1 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||27.4 g||11.6 g|
|— sugars||5.8 g||2.5 g|
|Sodium||357 mg||151 mg|
|Fibre||5 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Garlic & Tomato Bruschetta
Crusty bread, topped with herbs and ripe tomatoes and drizzled with olive oil.
Packed with vegetables and great served hot or cold, this simple slice will surprise you.