Healthy Tasty Tofu Burger Recipe
- 300 g firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs chilli sauce
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1 tbs fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- pepper, to taste
- olive or canola oil spray
- 8 wholemeal or wholegrain rolls
- 4 leaves lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Mash tofu with garlic and sauces, then mix in remaining ingredients. Season well with pepper and shape into 8 patties.
- Lightly spray a hot pan or grill with oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a roll with lettuce, tomato and cucumber.
For quick and easy preparation, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1397 kJ||662 kJ|
|Protein||16 g||7.6 g|
|Fat, total||8.6 g||4.1 g|
|— saturated||1.4 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||42.9 g||20.3 g|
|— sugars||5.7 g||2.7 g|
|Sodium||603.5 mg||286.1 mg|
|Fibre||10.1 g||4.8 g|
You might also like
Lentil Vegetable Soup
Hearty and packed full of veggies, this yummy soup will have you feeling fuller for longer!