Healthy Zucchini Quiche With Rice Crust Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 3 cups cooked rice (from 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 5 eggs
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 2 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- garden salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Lightly spray a 22 cm oven dish with oil spray.
- Mix rice with one egg and press firmly into the base and sides of the dish. Bake for 10-15 min until base is crusty and has started to go golden.
- Place zucchini in a microwave proof dish and cover with cling wrap or a lid. Microwave for 5 minutes on HIGH or until zucchini has softened and released some of its liquid. Drain and dab away any excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Spread mustard over the rice base. Lay out the zucchini slices on the rice base and sprinkle with the tomato, onion and mint.
- Whisk the remaining 4 eggs with the milk and pepper and pour over the base. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the quiche is firm and the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with a garden salad
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1663 kJ||264 kJ|
|Protein||21.8 g||3.5 g|
|Fat, total||9.7 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||3.9 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.2 g||8.1 g|
|— sugars||13.3 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||268.2 mg||42.7 mg|
|Fibre||7.2 g||1.2 g|