Healthy Baked Chicken Parma With Sweet Potato Mash Recipe
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes with basil, onion and garlic
- 2 small skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 20 basil leaves
- 270 g jar sundried tomato, drained
- 270 g jar char-grilled capsicum or roasted pepper strips, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 800 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2cm dice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- basil leaves, extra, to serve
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spread ¼ cup diced tomato in the base of a large ovenproof dish.
- Halve each chicken breast lengthways to form 4 thin breast steaks. Using a rolling pin, pound steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 5mm thickness. Arrange chicken on tomatoes in pan base; layer each with basil leaves, sundried tomatoes pieces and capsicum. Pile on spinach, spoon over remaining diced tomatoes and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked and melted cheese has browned.
- Place sweet potato in a steaming basket over a medium saucepan of boiling water; steam for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Discard water and return potato to the hot dry saucepan. Add ¼ cup milk and mash with a potato masher until smooth, adding additional milk if required for desired consistency.
- Divide sweet potato and chicken between serving plates, sprinkle with basil.
- Serve with fresh chilli for extra heat.
Variation: Sweet potato may be microwaved in a covered dish with 2 tablespoons water on HIGH (100%) for 8-10 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1868 kJ||431 kJ|
|Protein||47 g||11 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||37 g||8 g|
|— sugars||25 g||6 g|
|Sodium||581 mg||134 mg|
|Fibre||10 g||2 g|
You might also like
Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks with Brown Rice Salad
Big on flavour, these drumsticks are perfect for a picnic or midweek dinner
Lemon & Herb Roast Chicken with Vegies
A traditional roast with fresh flavours that is sure to be a hit!