Healthy Summer Mango Salsa Wontons Recipe
- 1 packet wonton wrappers (25 sheets)
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice, plus lime wedges
- mint leaves, extra, to serve
- slices red chilli, extra, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
2. Spray a 24-cup capacity mini muffin pan with oil.
3. Press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup which is fluted at the top.
4. Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
5. Remove from muffin pans and cool.
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil.
2. Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2–3 minutes, until tender but crisp.
3. Plunge into a bowl of cold water then drain.
4. Chop asparagus into 1cm pieces and combine in a medium bowl with mango, avocado, capsicum, onion, chilli, mint and lime juice.
5. Spoon 2 teaspoons of salsa into each wonton cup.
6. Top with shredded mint and chilli slice; serve immediately.
Wonton cups can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container until required.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||235 kJ||601 kJ|
|Protein||1.2 g||3.1 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||7.7 g|
|— saturated||0.6 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.6 g||14.4 g|
|— sugars||1.3 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||27.4 mg||69.9 mg|
|Fibre||0.9 g||2.4 g|
You might also like
This drink combines the fiery heat of ginger with the bright sweetness of pineapple.
Chickpeas are the secret hero ingredient that makes this peanut butter and banana sensation extra creamy!