Healthy Corn Bread Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 420 g can creamed corn
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sundried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200 ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
2. Spray a 12-cup capacity muffin pan with oil.
3. Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
5. Pour into greased muffin tray.
6. Bake 20 -25 min or until a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
This recipe works well in all different shapes and sizes. Try a mini-muffin pan, a loaf tin or a lamington tray but be aware that smaller muffins will cook quicker.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||680 kJ||651 kJ|
|Protein||6 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||2 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||28 g||26 g|
|— sugars||7 g||7 g|
|Sodium||263 mg||252 mg|
|Fibre||3 g||3 g|
You might also like
Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
These crunchy spiced chickpeas are perfect for party nibbles or a quick, healthy snack.
Chickpeas are the secret hero ingredient that makes this peanut butter and banana sensation extra creamy!