Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda (bicarbonate)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 200 mL reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan forced). Spray muffin tins with oil.
- Place sugar in a large bowl and break up any lumps. Sift in cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and flours, returning husks from the sieve to the bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs in a cup with a fork then add to flour mix with yoghurt, vanilla and oil. Stir to combine (mix will still be quite dry), then mix in zucchini and sultanas.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins (makes 18) and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in tin for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Try other dried fruit like cranberries or raisins.
- Add 2 tbs chopped nuts or seeds.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||607 kJ||898 kJ|
|Protein||4.3 g||6.4 g|
|Fat, total||4.6 g||6.7 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||20.7 g||30.6 g|
|— sugars||9.5 g||14.1 g|
|Sodium||75 mg||111 mg|
|Fibre||2.4 g||3.5 g|
You might also like
Chickpeas are the secret hero ingredient that makes this peanut butter and banana sensation extra creamy!