Healthy Homemade Burger Recipe
- 400 g chicken mince or lean beef mince
- 100 g mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 wholemeal or wholegrain rolls
- Use a grater to grate the bread into bread crumbs.
- Place mince, vegetables and egg in a large bowl and mix. Add enough breadcrumbs to make a soft texture that holds together.
- Divide mixture into four and shape into patties slightly wider than the rolls
- Spray a frypan with a little oil and cook patties for 5 minutes on each side, until brown and cooked through.
- Serve on a roll with salad and sauce.
To keep lean meats juicy and add flavour, try brushing with a marinade.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1968 kJ||505 kJ|
|Protein||35.8 g||9.2 g|
|Fat, total||11.8 g||3 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||49 g||12.7 g|
|— sugars||9 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||807 mg||207 mg|
|Fibre||9.9 g||2.5 g|
You might also like
Mexican Mince - Nachos Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!
Indonesian Slow Cooked Beef 3-2-1
This fragrant beef and vegie combo will have you dreaming of your next Indonesian get-away.