Stuffed sweet potato 3-2-1
- 400 g sweet potato
- 1 spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tbs sultanas
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- to taste pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180° C fan forced) and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Scrub sweet potato, slice in half lengthways and prick all over with a fork. Microwave for 6 minutes on HIGH, flipping the sweet potato over half way through. Put sweet potato in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping it over half way through.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, heat the oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, till soft. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the frozen spinach and cook till soft.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions, adding the vegetable stock powder to the quinoa and water.
- Add the cooked quinoa, almonds, feta and sultanas to the onion mixture, stir and season with pepper.
- Use a fork to scratch and mash the top of the sweet potato, then top each one with half the quinoa filling.
Variation: Swap quinoa with couscous or rice
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a squeeze of lemon for extra zing.
Comment: *To make this dish dairy free, swap the feta for an extra tablespoon of almonds.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||2081 kJ||684 kJ|
|Protein||19 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||15 g||5 g|
|— saturated||3 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||64 g||21 g|
|— sugars||22 g||7 g|
|Sodium||351 mg||115 mg|
|Fibre||14 g||0 g|