Healthy Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- 400 g sweet potato
- 1 spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tbs sultanas
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- to taste pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180° C fan forced) and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Scrub sweet potato, slice in half lengthways and prick all over with a fork. Microwave for 6 minutes on HIGH, flipping the sweet potato over half way through. Put sweet potato in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping it over half way through.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, heat the oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, till soft. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the frozen spinach and cook till soft.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions, adding the vegetable stock powder to the quinoa and water.
- Add the cooked quinoa, almonds, feta and sultanas to the onion mixture, stir and season with pepper.
- Use a fork to scratch and mash the top of the sweet potato, then top each one with half the quinoa filling.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2081 kJ||684 kJ|
|Protein||19 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||15 g||5 g|
|— saturated||3 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||64 g||21 g|
|— sugars||22 g||7 g|
|Sodium||351 mg||115 mg|
|Fibre||14 g||0 g|
You might also like
Moroccan Baked Eggplant
Perfect for meat-free Mondays, these stuffed eggplants are bursting with flavour.
Corn Noodle Cakes 3-2-1
You wouldn't believe there's 3 serves of vegetables jammed into these tasty fritters!