Healthy Microwave Risotto Recipe
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
- 3 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, optional
- to taste pepper
- Combine onion, garlic and oil in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 2 mins until soft.
- Add rice, stock powder and 2/3 of the hot water. Cover with cling wrap and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins. Be careful removing cling wrap - steam will be very hot!
- Add pumpkin and remaining water, cover and microwave on HIGH for 15 mins.
- Add spinach and peas, gently stir through. Re-cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins.
- Remove from microwave, and taste. If it's not cooked yet, mcrowave for 2 min bursts until cooked.
- Stir in cheese and pepper and sprinkle almonds on top.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1313 kJ||745 kJ|
|Protein||13 g||7.4 g|
|Fat, total||9.2 g||5.2 g|
|— saturated||3.5 g||2 g|
|Carbohydrate||41.1 g||23.3 g|
|— sugars||3.6 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||500 mg||283 mg|
|Fibre||5.8 g||3.3 g|