Healthy Prawn Jambalaya Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2/3 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 200 g uncooked (green) prawn, peeled
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic, celery, capsicums, paprika and cayenne; season with pepper. Cook for 3 minutes until fragrant then stir in rice, stock powder, water and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often, then reduce heat to medium, cover pot and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. If the rice is still firm and there is no liquid left, add a little more water and cook for a little longer.
- Add prawns to the pot, stir through rice and cook a further 3-5 minutes until they change colour and are cooked through.
- Divide jambalaya between plates, top with parsley and lemon wedges if desired.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2122 kJ||264 kJ|
|Protein||34 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||4 g||0.6 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||75 g||9 g|
|— sugars||15 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1036 mg||129 mg|
|Fibre||10 g||1 g|