Healthy Chicken Coleslaw Sandwich Recipe
- 1 cup green cabbage, grated
- 1 cup red cabbage, grated
- 1 apple, core removed, coarsely grated with skin on
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tbs reduced-fat coleslaw dressing
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 100 g skinless chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- In a medium sized bowl, mix green and red cabbage, apple, carrot and coleslaw dressing.
- Arrange shredded chicken on two slices of bread and add the coleslaw salad.
- Top with remaining bread and serve immediately.
- Substitute apple with pineapple chunks.
- For a chunkier salad, add 1 chopped spring onion.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1344 kJ||436 kJ|
|Protein||23 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||2 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||40 g||13 g|
|— sugars||13 g||4 g|
|Sodium||566 mg||183 mg|
|Fibre||8 g||3 g|
You might also like
Chargrilled Chicken & Vegie Stack With Salsa Verde
This fresh salsa verde is a great accompaniment to this delightful chicken.
Asian Noodle Soup
A light, tasty soup packed with chicken, noodles, vegetables and a hint of ginger.
Risotto can be tricky to make. Not anymore! This easy version doesn't need constant stirring.