- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 200 mL low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe banana, mashed
- 440 g crushed pineapple in natural juice
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- Spray muffin tins with oil.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar together with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes until light and creamy.
- Gently mix in yoghurt, vanilla, bananas and pineapple with juice.
- Sift flour and cinnamon onto the batter then stir to combine but do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins (3/4 full) and top with a walnut half. Bake mini-muffin tins for 20 minutes and larger muffins for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in tins for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||691 kJ||778 kJ|
|Protein||4.8 g||5.4 g|
|Fat, total||3.1 g||3.5 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||28.6 g||32.1 g|
|— sugars||10.9 g||12.3 g|
|Sodium||178.7 mg||201 mg|
|Fibre||2 g||2.2 g|
You might also like
Honey Roasted Chickpeas
Sweet and spicy, these baked chickpeas are a deliciously quick and healthy snack.
Peach & Rosemary Iced Tea
Enjoy this beautiful peach and rosemary tea with Sunday roast, at a dinner party or during a celebratory picnic in the park.