Healthy Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 7 cups water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 500 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs water, extra
- Bring the water and rice to boil in a saucepan.
- When the water has come to a boil, cover the pan and reduce the heat.
- Boil gently for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once rice is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in fry pan or wok.
- Add onion to pan and cook until soft.
- Stir in chicken and fry for 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Add egg and scramble until cooked.
- Stir in rice and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in vegetables, cooking until heated through.
- Stir in chicken, soy sauce and water.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Serve warm.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1389 kJ||508 kJ|
|Protein||29 g||10 g|
|Fat, total||7 g||3 g|
|— saturated||2 g||6 g|
|Carbohydrate||34 g||13 g|
|— sugars||3 g||1 g|
|Sodium||535 mg||196 mg|
|Fibre||7 g||3 g|
You might also like
Baked Chicken Parma with Sweet Potato Mash
A healthy version of a classic chicken dish – a crustless parma topped with Mediterranean vegetables