Healthy Chicken Schnitzel With Coleslaw Recipe
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half long-ways
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt, extra
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or vinegar)
- Add the bread to a food processor or blender to make breadcrumbs. Alternatively, use a grater.
- Combine the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl with the herbs.
- Combine yoghurt and water in a shallow bowl and stir to mix well.
- Coat each piece of chicken with yoghurt mixture, then again with breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with cooking oil and place on low to medium heat.
- Cook the schnitzels for 5 minutes or until golden. Flip over.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt, mustard and lemon juice and mix well.
- Combine cabbage, carrot and apple in a large bowl.
- Stir through the yoghurt and mustard dressing.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1371 kJ||359 kJ|
|Protein||50 g||13 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||17 g||4 g|
|— sugars||12 g||3 g|
|Sodium||201 mg||53 mg|
|Fibre||6 g||2 g|
You might also like
Asian Chicken Salad
Showcasing the four key tastes of Thai cooking: salty, sweet and slightly sour with a hint of spice.