Healthy Summer Breakfast Hash Recipe
- 2 potatoes , unpeeled, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 1 cm cubes
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, stalks removed
- 4 eggs, cooked, to serve
- Place the potato and sweet potato into a saucepan. Cover with water and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick pan with oil and heat on high. Add onion and garlic. Cook onion about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add zucchini, capsicum, chickpeas and corn. Cook for 8 minutes until starting to brown, stirring often.
- Remove vegetable mix from pan and wipe out the pan. Lightly spray with oil. Add potato and sweet potato to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat without stirring. Flip and cook on the other slide for a further 5 minutes, till browned.
- Add vegetable mix to the pan. Add smoked paprika and mix well, cooking for 2 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper and parsley and toss well.
- Remove and serve immediately topped with an egg.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1337 kJ||367 kJ|
|Protein||16 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||2 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||39 g||11 g|
|— sugars||10 g||2 g|
|Sodium||386 mg||106 mg|
|Fibre||9 g||2 g|
You might also like
Fluffy Spinach & Mushroom Omelette
Delicious and satisfying, this omelette will soon become a breakfast favourite.